Last updated March 2022
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information when you register for an account, participate in interactive features (like by submitting a Session rating), fill out a form or a survey, sign up for our newsletters or blogs, participate in a promotion, make a purchase, attend a Mastry-hosted event, communicate with us via social media sites (or access our paid social media accounts and advertisements), request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The information you may provide includes your name, email, password, street address, payment method information, goals, previous breathwork/meditation experience, reflections you provide via action items, feedback and survey responses, and other information about you included within your messages and/or communications to us or otherwise provided via the Services. Some users also provide health-related information in connection with providing feedback or other messages to us, and we process that information consistent with the purpose for which it was provided.
Other Information About Your Use of the Services. When you use the Services, we collect the following information about you:
- Usage Information: Whenever you use the Services, we collect usage information, such as the sessions you use, Sessions you listen to, what screens or features you access, and other similar types of usage information.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or cancellation, we collect information about the transaction, such as description, price, subscription or free trial expiration date, and time and date of the transaction.
- Log Information: We collect standard log files when you use the Services, which include the type of web browser you use, app version, access times and dates, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to the Websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer, smart phone, tablet and/or other devices (each, your “Device”), you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, Device identifiers set by your Device operating system, and mobile network information (like your connection type, carrier and region).
- Information we Record: On some occasions, we may record live events or video calls with your consent, such as in connection with our one-on-one sessions and enterprise sessions.
- Information we Generate: We generate some information about you based on other information we have collected. For example, like most platforms, we use your IP address to derive the approximate location of your Device.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We also obtain information about you from other sources, including transaction information from third-party app stores you use to install our app or purchase a subscription, and name and contact information from third-party calendar services. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a social media service account, we will have access to certain information from that account, such as your name and other account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures set by that social media service. Finally, we may obtain information about you from publicly available sources, marketing and advertising partners, consumer research platforms, and/or business contact databases.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services, including debugging to identify and repair errors, and developing new products and services;
- Process transactions and fulfill subscription orders;
- Send you transactional or relationship messages, such as receipts, account notifications, customer service responses, and other administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, Services, and events offered by Mastry and others, request feedback, and send news, gifts or other information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices for information on how to opt out of marketing messages);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Mastry and others, including to enforce our agreements and policies. If you feel your transaction was declined in error, please contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Comply with the law, such as by processing transactional records for tax filings and other compliance activities;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see on other platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing behavior; and
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards.
For the removal of doubt and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we expressly reserve the right to aggregate and anonymize any information you share with us, and to transfer, share or otherwise use such non-personally identifiable information (e.g., anonymous, aggregated information) in our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
Sharing of Information
- With companies and contractors that perform services for us, including email service providers, payment processors, fraud prevention vendors and other service providers;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including court order, subpoena, or other lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, including without limitation our Terms and Conditions if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Mastry or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Mastry and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership, to the extent applicable; and
- With your consent or at your direction. For instance, you may choose to share actions you take on the Services with third-party social media services via the integrated tools we provide via the Services.
We also share aggregated or other information not subject to obligations under the data protection laws of your jurisdiction with third parties.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
By opting-in to receive text messages from us or by sending us an initial text message, you agree to receive recurring text messages (i.e., SMS and/or MMS messages) from Mastry, some of which may be considered marketing and may be delivered by us using auto-dialer systems/technologies. You also represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the mobile Device that you used to subscribe for our mobile communications and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges and rates resulting from such SMS and/or MMS messages. Message and data rates may apply. You (and not Mastry) will be responsible for all messaging and data charges that may apply. Standard messaging rates apply to your entry or submission message to any Mastry text message service, our confirmation and all subsequent text message correspondence. Please contact your wireless carrier for information about your messaging and data plans. Your consent to receive text messages is not a condition of purchase. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Message frequency may vary.
You can opt-out of receiving text messages from us at any time by texting “STOP” from the mobile Device receiving the messages. If you choose to opt-out you will be unsubscribed from the text program. You will receive one SMS that confirms you have successfully opted-out. After that you will receive no further messages for this system unless/until you opt-in again. For additional help, you may always contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. For HELP, text “HELP” from the mobile Device receiving the messages.
Please know that, even if you opted out of receiving text messages from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service or Service information. Moreover, we reserve the right, at all times, to disclose any mobile messaging data you share with us as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability and/or to protect our rights or property.
Mastry and its servers are based in the United States and processes information in the United States.
Account Information. You may update certain account information you provide to us (such as your password, name and email address) by logging into your account or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to disable your account, please contact us at email@example.com, but note that we retain certain information when required or permitted by law. We also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Mastry by following the instructions in those emails or by logging into your account. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we send promotional and other push notifications to your Device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your Device.
Children’s Online Privacy Information
Mastry does not knowingly collect personal information from minors who are under the age of 18 through the Site and/or the Services thereon. If, as a parent or guardian, you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your child’s consent, then you should contact Mastry at the contact information described below. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files. Further, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act requires parental consent for collection of data from children younger than the age of 13 years old. For tips on protecting children’s privacy online, generally, please view the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Mastry Accessibility Statement
We are committed to digital accessibility, and to conforming to effective communication requirements, and any other applicable laws and regulations.
We want to hear from you if you encounter any accessibility barriers to using Mastry. Please send any feedback or questions to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.